The Anaheim University David Nunan TESOL Institute offers a cutting-edge online Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners (TEYL) program. The online TEYL certification program is designed for teachers, teachers in preparation or intending teachers of children and adolescents. It offers a practical introduction to English Language Teaching for children and links practice to theory and research.
Get Started Today : Apply today and get started on your Online TEYL Certificate program within 2 weeks.
Earn your Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners (TEYL) while holding down a full-time job.
- Developed and overseen by globally acclaimed linguist Dr. David Nunan
- Receive a Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners through the flexibility of online learning
- Earn your TEYL Certificate in 15 weeks
- Improve your teaching skills and qualifications
- Video Lectures from globally acclaimed linguist Dr. David Nunan
- Designed for working professionals: Study while working full-time
- Network with a global body of students from diverse ethnic and professional backgrounds
- Apply what you learn today in the classroom tomorrow
- Highly interactive Online Discussion Forum, video lectures, and online quizzes
When and How Long?
The program is 15 weeks in length. New courses start on the first Monday of every month.
Students are responsible for being knowledgeable of the course syllabus and course grading. Also, in order to assist you allocate your time, the course guide contains a weekly breakdown. It is a suggestion only, but one that students are advised to adhere to as closely as possible to keep up with the demanding schedule of the course. Below is an example:
|Weekly Study Format:|
|150 min.||video lecture (watching video, taking notes, reflecting on notes)|
|150 min.||background reading|
|120 min.||preparation of responses to discussion questions and tasks|
|90 min.||discussion board|
|30 min.||online quiz|
|9 hours||per week total|
Duration: 15 weeks x 9 hours per week = 135 hour course.
- A grade of Pass or Fail is awarded at conclusion of the program. Those who have successfully completed this non-credit course will be awarded a TEYL certificate. A Pass is considered to be 80%.
Online Discussion Forum 35%
Weekly quiz 45%
Final Exam 20%
During the 15-week course, you will be evaluated on your participation in the daily online discussion forum, weekly online quizzes and final exam.
Through the Online Discussion Forum, discuss questions regarding your readings and video lectures featuring world-renowned linguist Dr. David Nunan with your instructor and fellow students around the world.
- Online discussion forum
- Video webcasts
- Online quizzes
- Student Services and TechSupport
- Alumni Association
- Alumni Store
Outstanding Faculty One of the primary deciding factors for students who choose the Anaheim University TEYL Certificate is the esteem of world-renowned linguist Dr. David Nunan who developed and oversees the course.
Work Full Time & Study Online The AU Online Teaching English to Young Learners Certificate program is taught 100% online and allows you to study online while working full time and fulfilling your personal responsibilities.
Continue on and earn an online MA in TESOL
After completing the TEYL Certificate, continue into Anaheim University’s MA in TESOL or Diploma in TESOL program and you will be waived the tuition fee for two units of credit. Student must complete the TEYL Certificate with grade of B or higher, meet all entrance requirements for the MA or Diploma in TESOL and be accepted into the MA or Diploma in TESOL program.