An application for a TESOL Graduate Diploma must include the following:
- Application form
- Application fee ($75)
- One recent color photograph (digital is okay).
- Official undergraduate transcripts from an accredited institution recognized by the US Department of Education and/or CHEA, or by the government of the country in which the degree was awarded, in a sealed envelope from the awarding institution.
- A resume.
- A brief statement (300-400 words) indicating why you have selected the Anaheim University program, what you hope to get out of it, and how it will help you in your present and future career.
Non-native English speakers must demonstrate college-level proficiency in one of the following ways:
- Degree from an accredited institution where English is the primary language of instruction.
- Transcript from an accredited institution indicating completion of at least 30 semester hours of credit where the language of instruction was English (“B” average)
- Transcript from an accredited institution indicating a “B” or higher in an English composition class.
- A minimum TOEFL score of 530 PBT / 197 CBT/ 71 iBT.
- A minimum TOEIC score of 800.
- A minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
- A minimum PTE (Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report) of 50.
- A minimum BULATS Level 3 (60), accepted only for Cultura Inglesia in Brazil.
- A minimum grade of Level 3 on the ACT COMPASS’s English as a Second Language Placement Test.
- A minimum grade of Pre-1 on the Eiken English Proficiency Exam.
- A minimum B1 English proficiency level identified within the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) Standards and assessed through various ESOL examinations, including the University of Cambridge.
Once your application materials have been approved, you will need to submit an Enrollment Agreement and tuition payment to complete the enrollment process.
Internet Access All students are required to have access to a computer equipped with Internet access capabilities.
Entrance Examination There is no entrance examination required for admission to Anaheim University.
Transfer Credits Anaheim University will accept up to two graduate semester classes or 8 units awarded by another institution toward a Masters of Arts in TESOL (MA) or TESOL Graduate Diploma at Anaheim University. The entering student will be required to clearly demonstrate the equivalency of a transfer course through relevant documents (syllabus, catalog, course outline) and justify its acceptance through petition. No course will be considered for transfer with a grade lower than a “B” or its equivalent. Petitions are directed to the specific Dean for the affected program. There is a fee of $125 per unit of credit transferred, and the overall program cost will be adjusted to reflect credit for the approved class(es). All petitions for transfer credit must be submitted as part of the student’s initial application to the University. Credits awarded as part of another degree will not be accepted for transfer.
Prior Anaheim University will not extend experiential credit to any student.