David Nye, Ph.D.
In addition to teaching at Anaheim University, Dr. David Nye has worked as a Professor of Management at Athens State University in Athens, Alabama, with broad experience as an author, consultant, and human resources executive. Before devoting himself to teaching, he was corporate Manager of Personnel Administration for The Standard Oil Company. Dr. Nye has also held corporate management positions in human resources, and has served as a consultant for organizations such as AT&T, the State University of New York, and the Business Publishing Divisions of Prentice Hall Publishing and Thomson South-Western. Dr. Nye's management articles and commentary have been published in business journals such as The Conference Board's Across the Board and Harvard Business Review, and in scholarly publications such as The Academy of Management Perspectives. He has also authored a book entitled Alternative Staffing Strategies. He holds a B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Tennessee, an MBA from Virginia Commonwealth University, and a Ph.D. in Management from Auburn University.
Message from David Nye, Ph.D.
I have served as a Professor of Management at a small, upper-division university near Huntsville, Alabama. A few additional facts about me:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration from the University of Tennessee, an MBA from Virginia Commonwealth University, and a Ph.D. in management from Auburn University
- Prior to joining my home university in Alabama, I was a human resources executive for a major oil company.
- Teach a variety of management courses, but concentrate mainly in human resources management and labor relations. Courses include both conventional classroom and distance learning formats.
- Have published articles and commentary in scholarly journals and management publications such as The Wall Street Journal's National Business Employment Weekly, the Conference Board magazine, Across the Board, and Harvard Business Review.
- Serve on the editorial board of a management and technology journal and participate in academic conferences.
Many of the students I have taught are mid-career professionals returning to college, after having discontinued their studies at some point in the past. These student profiles are remarkably like those of Anaheim University students. That's one of the things that attracted me to Anaheim; I enjoy working with adult learners who can bring professional experience and a real dedication to their studies. I look forward to getting to know each of you as you pursue your studies at Anaheim University.
Students First, Always
Accredited online English Language Teacher education (TESOL), International Business and Sustainable Management programs at Anaheim University.
A Truly World-Class Education
Learn from world-acclaimed TESOL experts, and gain invaluable insight from leading-edge Sustainability and International Business Professionals.