The steps below are general guidelines for joining a program at Anaheim University. Just complete the following steps and, if approved, become part of Anaheim University's global community within 2 weeks.
Read thoroughly through the pages of our website and catalog
||Click here to submit your application online
Click here to fill out a pdf version of the application and submit via email.
The following documents are required for admission:
- Application form (submit online)
- Application fee payment (Submit credit card information online, mail check or send bank wire transfer)
- One recent passport-size color photograph (submit online or mail original)
- Official English language proficiency test score report if you are a non-native English speaker (mail original*)
- Official transcripts.† (mail original*)
- Official transcripts documenting at least one course in each of the following: accounting, finance and economics.†††† (mail original*)
- Resume documenting a minimum of 5 years of work or teaching experience in a relevant area of business††††
- Resume †† (submit online)
- Brief Statement.†† (submit online)
- Resume documenting a minimum of 4 years experience in some aspect of TESOL (teaching, teacher education or publishing).+++(submit online)
- An outline (1,000 words) of the research that the applicant envisions undertaking for the dissertation. +++
- Three references attesting to personal and professional qualifications. One reference must be from each of the following:+++
- A recent employer.
- A TESOL professional who can attest to the applicant’s potential as a doctoral student.
- A member of the academic faculty where the applicant completed his/her MA.
†††† DBA Only
††† Ed.D TESOL Only
†† MA TESOL Only
† Not applicable to TESOL/TEYL Certificate Programsscanned copies are accepted to expedite application process while waiting for originals to arrive in the mail
Pay the application fee of $75 (Doctoral or Graduate Degree program) or $50 (TESOL Certificate/TEYL Certificate/Undergraduate Diploma in TESOL program).
This fee may be paid by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card, check or bank wire transfer.
||Send all required application documents you do not submit online by registered mail to the Office of Admissions at:
Office of Admissions Room 110
1240 S. State College Blvd.
Anaheim, CA 92806-5150
||Upon receipt of application materials, a receipt for the application fee will be sent to you. In case your application materials are incomplete, please follow the directions issued by AU. When the Dean has approved acceptance of a student, an acceptance message and enrollment agreement form will be sent to the student.
Official TOEFL or TOEIC score document
Non-native English speakers must demonstrate college-level proficiency in one of the following ways:
- Degree from an accredited institution where English is the primary language of instruction.
- Transcript from an accredited institution indicating completion of at least 30 semester hours of credit where the language of instruction was English (“B” average for Ed.D, Masters, Graduate Programs & Graduate Certificates; “C” average for TESOL Certificate, Teaching English to Young Learners Program or TESOL Undergrad).
- A minimum TOEFL score of 550 PBT / 213 CBT / 80 iBT (Doctoral); 530 PTB / 197 CBT / 71 iBT (Masters, Graduate Programs & Graduate Certificates); 500 PBT / 173 CBT / 61 iBT (TESOL Certificate, Teaching English to Young Learners Program or TESOL Undergrad).
- A minimum TOEIC score of 800 (Doctoral, Masters, Graduate Programs & Graduate Certificates); 625 (TESOL Certificate, Teaching English to Young Learners Program or TESOL Undergrad).
- A minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (Doctoral, Masters, Graduate Programs & Graduate Certificates); 6.0 (TESOL Certificate, Teaching English to Young Learners Program or TESOL Undergrad).
- A minimum PTE (Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report) of 58 (Doctoral); 50 (Masters, Graduate Programs & Graduate Certificates); 44 (TESOL Certificate, Teaching English to Young Learners Program or TESOL Undergrad).
- A minimum BULATS Level 3 (60), accepted only for Cultura Inglesia in Brazil.
- A minimum grade of Level 3 on the ACT COMPASS’s English as a Second Language Placement Test.
- A minimum grade of Pre-1 on the Eiken English Proficiency Exam.
- A minimum B2 English proficiency level identified within the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) Standards and assessed through various ESOL examinations, including the University of Cambridge.
Request that each college or university which you have attended send a transcript of your record in a sealed envelope. The courses you have taken, grades received, and, if applicable, the date and title of the degree conferred must be listed on each transcript. Each transcript must have the official seal or imprint of the institution as well. (Note: If the university does not routinely issue transcripts in English, original language records must be submitted with official English translations. We will accept translations issued by the university or a professional translating service. Translations must be exact and complete versions of the original records.) You may either submit all of your sealed transcripts with your application form, or have them sent directly to the Anaheim University Office of Admissions in Anaheim, California. Non-official transcripts may be submitted if official transcripts have been requested and will be sent at a later date.
Ed.D in TESOL Program applicants must have official MA transcripts, in a sealed envelope from the awarding institution. Applicants to the Ed.D program must hold an earned MA degree from an accredited institution in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or a relevant area of education, with an overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent from non-USA institutions).
The DBA program requires a Masters degree in business administration, in a functional area of business, non-profit management, public administration, a JD degree, or other degree relating to managerial functions from an accredited institution recognized by the US Department of Education and/or CHEA, or by the government of the country in which the degree was awarded, and with an overall GPA of no less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent from non-USA Institutions.
Licenses or Certificates
Please include photocopies of any licenses or certificates you hold which relate to the degree program to which you are applying. Do not submit originals as these materials will not be returned.
Please submit an up-to-date summary of your academic and professional accomplishments. An Ed.D. applicant must present a resume documenting a minimum of 4 years experience in some aspect of TESOL (teaching, teacher education or publishing. A DBA applicant must present a resume documenting a minimum of 5 years of work or teaching experience in a relevant area of business
For MA in TESOL applicants, please write a brief (300 - 400 word) statement setting out why you have selected the Anaheim University program, what you hope to get out of it, and how it will help you in your present and future career.
Upon receipt of application materials, a receipt for your application fee payment will be sent to you. In the case that your application materials are incomplete, please follow the directions issued by AU. When the Dean has approved acceptance of a student, an acceptance message and enrollment agreement form will be sent to the student.