An application for a Teaching English to Young Learners (TEYL) Certificate must include the following:
- Application form
- Application fee ($50)
- One recent color photograph (digital is okay).
Non-native English speakers must demonstrate college-level proficiency in one of the following ways:
- Degree from an accredited institution where English is the primary language of instruction.
- Transcript from an accredited institution indicating completion of at least 30 semester hours of credit where the language of instruction was English (“C” average)
( Note: If the university does not routinely issue transcripts in English, original language records must be submitted with official English translations. We will accept translations issued by the university or a professional translating service. Translations must be exact and complete versions of the original records.)
- Transcript from an accredited institution indicating a “C” or higher in an English composition class.
- A minimum TOEFL score of 500 PBT / 173 CBT/ 61 iBT.
- A minimum TOEIC score of 625.
- A minimum IELTS score of 6.0.
- A minimum PTE (Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report) of 44.
- A minimum BULATS Level 3 (60), accepted only for Cultura Inglesa in Brazil.
- A minimum grade of Level 3 on the ACT COMPASS’s English as a Second Language Placement Test.
- A minimum grade of Pre-1 on the Eiken English Proficiency Exam.
- A minimum B2 English proficiency level identified within the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) Standards and assessed through various ESOL examinations, including the University of Cambridge.
Once your application materials have been approved, you will need to submit an Enrollment Agreement and tuition payment to complete the enrollment process.
Internet Access: All students are required to have access to a computer equipped with Internet access capabilities.
Entrance Examination: There is no entrance examination required for admission to Anaheim University.
We currently do not accept students who reside in Alabama, Arkansas, Maryland, Minnesota, and Oregon due to regulatory matters. For more information, please call our Administrative Director at 714-772-3330.